STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Construction & Property
£32,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
9th March 2018
Job DescriptionThe largest water and wastewater services company in the UK is looking for experienced, senior Quantity Surveyors to join their growing Commercial team focussing on commercial management, commercial assurance of contractors and project delivery. As well as a competitive salary, you will receive a range of benefits including, excellent contributory pension scheme, season ticket loans and paid volunteering days.
The company provides an essential service at the heart of daily life, health and environment to 15 million customers across London, Thames Valley and further. As a Quantity Surveyor, you will have the scope to influence decisions across our business and help shape what we do every day and for the future. Working within a team of like-minded professionals, you will be involved with a variety of high profile contracts and have the opportunity to bring insight and clarity into contractual performance.
We’re looking for experienced professionals to lead and get involved in the following activities:
- Annual and final accounting, estimating and forecasting.
- Supporting commercial team procurement exercises.
- Assessing applications for payment and ensuring that they are made on time and in accordance with the contracts.
- Ensuring that appropriate processes are in place and monitored on your portfolio of contracts to ensure that contractual compliance is maintained and any non-performance is identified and corrective actions implemented as necessary.
- Assisting the contract managers with the implementation of robust commercial processes with their third party suppliers and providing them with commercial support as and when required.
- Working with finance to ensure all financial systems are updated to time, cost and quality; and help identify non-performance and make sure corrective actions are implemented.
- Supporting the management and optimisation of budgets and spend (in conjunction with finance) on their portfolio of contracts.
- Resolving general disputes and claims as well as providing commercial advice and support to the business.
- Providing commercial advice and guidance to other team members as required.
- Assisting with the management and strategic development of the QS Team.
- A degree or qualification in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience
- Ability to work autonomously and be confident as well as professional at all times
- The ability to hold your ground and offer reasoned advice in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the water industry and its regulatory frameworks is preferable
- A valid UK Driving licence as this role will involve travelling to different offices and sites
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.