STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Health & Medicine
Stoke D' Abernon
13th June 2018
Job DescriptionSCHOOL NURSE (MATRON) / STOKE D'ABERNON, SURREY / BAND 6 (RCN PAY SCALE)
Yehudi Menuhin School provides an environment and tuition for musically gifted children from all over the world, to pursue their love of music.
Due to continued growth, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced School Nurse / Matron (possibly combined with resident Assistant Houseparent) to join us. The post is part-time, 30 hours a week term-time only.
The School Nurse / Matron plays a key role in the life of this small specialist music school, providing healthcare and support to all the pupils. They are looking for a qualified, experienced, enthusiastic nurse to run the School’s health centre and to assist the Houseparents in the day-to-day care of the pupils.
Key Responsibilities of the School Nurse / Matron:
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of pupils at all times
- Provide effective, high-quality nursing and pastoral care to pupils
- Provide advice and first aid care to all members of the school community
- Maintain accurate nursing and accident records
- Arrange appointments at the local GP surgery as required
- Transport pupils to appointments
- Store, administer and order medication correctly
- Organise immunisations in school and at the local GP
- Continue professional development and undertake training as appropriate
- Registered Nurse with current Nursing and Midwifery Council registration, ideally with experience of school nursing, minor injuries/A&E and/or practice nursing
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrate flexibility and initiative
- Fully committed to the School’s ethos and have a love of music
- Current UK driving licence
- Salary within the range of Band 6 (RCN pay scale) according to previous experience
- The position could be combined with the role of Assistant Houseparent in one of the residential houses, taking a full part in the life of the School. Accommodation may therefore be available for a suitable candidate
If you are interested in this School Nurse / Matron position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
Keywords: Nurse, School Nurse, First Aid, Minor Injury Nurse, A & E, Practice Nurse, Matron, Houseparent, Stoke D’Abernon, Cobham, Surrey
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.