STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
SEN Teacher - PMLD/SLD
£30,000 to £48,000 Per Annum
Dependent Upon Experience/Skills
11th May 2018
Job DescriptionSEN Teacher - PMLD/SLD
* Permanent Job
* MPS - UPS + SEN Point (Outer)
* London Borough of Enfield
* PMLD/SLD Class Teacher
* Good School - OfSTED
* Excellent Transport Links
* Interviews ASAP
I am seeking to appoint an SEN Teacher -PMLD/SLD who demonstrates a positive attitude to special educational needs, is dynamic and motivated and is wishing to develop their skills. This permanent position has arisen as a member of staff will be moving back to Australia at the end of the academic year. This is a highly respected school with an excellent working environment and very supportive staff. The school is specifically for pupils aged 3-19 years with severe and profound learning difficulties.
Their inspirational and highly personable Headteacher was keen to impress upon me the importance that she and the rest of the team place on their determination to build on the skills and knowledge of each individual student and begin to break down their barriers to learning. Across the school teachers work closely with a variety of health professionals to ensure health and therapy needs are incorporated into the student's daily experiences.
Due to the range of needs covered in school there are a number of child focused curriculum's running which have been developed to meet the needs of their students. All teachers need to develop a deep understanding of their student's motivators and interests enabling them to provide learning opportunities which are fun and enriched.
"We see every minute at school as a learning opportunity and strive to create learning environments which not only meet the student's needs but inspire and develop a sense of wonder." - Headteacher
Despite having over 100 students, if you visit the school you can't help but feel that they have created an environment which feels like a small family school.
As the class teacher you will have a small group of pupils (6-8) all of whom will have SLD or PMLD needs. Your class will be modern, well equipped, large and cheerfully decorated. As the class teacher you will be supported by 3 or 4 highly trained specialist teaching assistants. Support is provided by the Head of Department and staff work very closely together enabling support in planning and provision.
The successful candidate will join a thriving and successful school which has gone from strength to strength under a well established, dynamic, supportive and hands on senior leadership team.
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
* Qualified teacher with QTS, NQT or OTT with recent UK SEN teaching experience
* Experience of working in a SLD school would be an advantage but is not essential as you will ensure receive the appropriate training and induction.
* Primary School or Early Years teaching experience would be appropriate as all pupils are working from P1 - P8 irrespective of age
* A positive attitude with emotional resilience
* A commitment to special education and improving the lives of children and young people with disabilities
* Excellent organisation skills
* Relevant teaching experience
* A reflective approach to their ongoing professional development
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed teacher to develop their special educational skills as you will be offered a comprehensive induction programme and opportunities for further training, including provision for NQT's.