STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Senior DevOps Technical Lead (Evangelist)
Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity has arisen for a very Senior DevOps Technical Evangelist (technical Lead) to join a large IT Outsource Company based in London. A global leader in IT services, digital and business solutions you will be part of a team who excel in helping their Clients transform their business. Recognised as a top employer in 4 continents they employ nearly 400k people across 45 countries worldwide, providing career progression like no other. The successful candidate will have experience in implementing Dev Ops at a very Senior level in large organisations and will have extensive CxO Management Level experience.
As Senior DevOps Evangelist you will be responsible for: -
• Performing a key management and thought leadership role in implementing Dev Ops for a large organisation;
• Helping clients implement Dev Ops in multiple technology stacks;
• Winning mind share with key client stakeholders and demonstrate business value in Dev Ops Implementation;
• Interact with different parts of the organisation in shaping and implementing the Dev Ops Strategy;
• Interacting with application development, enterprise architecture, and relevant technology services. These teams may be at distributed locations, including development centres outside UK, and would require continuous interaction;
• Demonstrate, encourage and instil agreed values and behaviours – including Knowledge sharing, strong communication, continuous operational & technical improvement.
To be a successful DevOps Evangelist you will have the following skills and experience: -
• Have a thorough understanding of cloud based architectures;
• Demonstrating proficiency in writing build and deployment automations;
• Experience managing source in git (GitHub ops, branching, merging, etc);
• Experience in cluster management/orchestration software like Mesos, Aurora or Ansible; and in CI build tools such as Gradle and Jenkins;
• Experience implementing and administering logging, telemetry and monitoring tools like Splunk is a plus;
• Experience with tools such as Docker and Docker based deployments and with Big Data / Data Science infrastructure (Hadoop, Spark, etc) is an advantage.
In return, the Senior DevOps Evangelist (Technical Lead) will receive a salary of up to £150,000 base (dependant on experience) + bonus and an excellent benefits package.
The job title of ‘Senior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.