STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
29th March 2018
Job Description: Field Installation and Commissioning Engineer
Salary: Up to £40,000
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Training Provided: Full Training in company systems provided
CMD are happy to advertise this role on behalf of our client, a leading global provider of industrial autonomy technology. This role will involve travel and possible overnight stays. You will need extensive experience within mechanical or electrical engineering. If you feel this role would suit you, please apply below with CV and cover letter.
Skills / Attributes Required:
- The role requires a qualified mechanical or electronic engineer to carry out and test different machines types (posts files) that would be provided to them by the MTG department
- The position would be well suited to a CNC programmer.
- Good Verbal Communication skills
- Work confidently within a team
- Ability to plan activities and carry them out effectively
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and able to work to deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and e-mail
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Understanding and Identifying Different Machine Technologies
Skills that are required for areas of business:
- Experience of using 2D CAD/CAM software.
- Experience of using 3D CAD software.
- Understanding of CNC machines would be a benefit, including the following:
Ø OxyGas Cutting
Ø Plasma Cutting
Ø Laser Cutting
Ø Waterjet Cutting
Ø Knife Cutting
Ø Press Brake
Duties and Responsibilities after Software training
- Duties will include the installation of the core products - Server and Client installs
- On-Site Installations
- The role involves installation and commissioning on a variety of special purpose machinery
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To respond to enquiries from customers and help resolve software problems.
- To maintain a log of any problems detected on site.
- To Support users in the use of software by providing necessary training and advice.
- Provide on-site training at a Customer.
- Performing software upgrades and training at a Customer
- Performing software installations for new Customer
- Commissioning of post processors for new machines at Customers locations
- Engineers with CAM experience and of installing, managing or operating CNC machines
- Experience in production, problem solving and machining strategies
- Understandings of some machine controllers and post processors would be ideal
Applicants should provide a copy of their CV along with Work and Personal references.
A clean driving license is recommended for career progression
Travelling will be a large part of the job and must be fully aware
Travelling Expenses and Mileage will be covered as standard, car allowance and very competitive salary.