STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Senior / Principal Highways Design Engineer
£50,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
14th February 2018
Job DescriptionThis is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Senior or Principal Infrastructure Design Engineer to join my client’s extremely successful and versatile privately owned civil / structural consultancy team. You will have the unique opportunity to become a part of a growing team that are responsible for generating their own work on a wide variety of small to medium size Commercial projects.
The candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, with a degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering and is ideally a Chartered Engineer (MICE) with very strong technical skills particularly in land development. You will be ambitious to further your infrastructure career into management and will have this opportunity with the guidance of the Directors.
- Overseeing significant projects from conceptual planning stage through to construction.
- Undertaking design reviews and checking to ensure that all technical aspects of the team’s project work are undertaken in accordance with the Practice’s QMS, EMS and H&S procedures.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective way and develop key learning points and communicate across the wider company group.
- Managing client needs, defining project technical specifications, managing costs, fees and commercial requirements and ensuring all deliverables to ensure client satisfaction and technical project success.
- Responsibility for the mentoring and training of their civil engineering and infrastructure team.
- Assist the senior management team in managing shared CAD and engineering resources across the infrastructure and other civil engineering teams.
- Support the Business Development activity to further enhance, grow and diversify our civil engineering and infrastructure capabilities across the region.
- 3D/PDS/Micro Drainage/AutoCAD software knowledge would be advantageous - but is not essential.
- Minimum 2:1 BSc, BEng, MEng in Civil Engineering or infrastructure Design.
- Experience within Drainage Design (s38/278/106).
- Working knowledge of computer drafting systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of leading infrastructure, civil engineering, flood defence or multi-discipline projects with a client facing role and strong reporting skills.
- Experience of leading technical teams and managing resources effectively.
- Preparation of detailed drainage infrastructure and attenuation design and specifications. Experience of highway design or flood defence would also be an advantage.
- Strong technical knowledge and substantial experience in consultation, negotiations and meetings with third party authorities including Water Authorities.
- An understanding of utilities planning, procurement and diversion.
- Experience of working across a broad range of clients, particularly private land developers and asset-based clients, but also contractors, and local authorities.
- Ability to inspect and supervise the implementation of works to specification.
The job title of ‘senior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.