STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Senior Software Engineer
IT & Telecoms
£60,000 Per Annum
17th May 2018
Job DescriptionOne of Edinburgh’s most forward thinking businesses is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join its expanding team. The Senior Software Engineer will receive excellent work life balance, strong social opportunities, mentoring and training, pension, beer on a Friday and the opportunity to work with a great team.
This company are a close team of passionate and driven individuals - are you? it has big aspirations and it hopes that you do too! Teamwork is a priority. Whether working with other engineers, with internal stakeholders or with our customers - you'll be constantly communicating and working collaboratively. Your opinions matter, but so do the opinions of others. This company encourages everyone, no matter their position, to be forthright with ideas and criticisms and to champion their beliefs into realities. This also means that we all have to be great listeners, able to take criticism constructively and help others in realising their objectives.
As the Senior Software Engineer your duties will include:
- Collaborating with the Product Owner, engineering team and customers to design these features from well-scoped requirements which you will have helped to create.
- Prototyping, building, testing and improving all features on the platform.
- Designing and implementing its public RESTful API's, which are used by large financial services around the world.
- Delivering incremental blocks of functionality, using the latest technologies, you'll see your implementations through from start to finish and help to deliver real benefits to our customers quickly.
- Experience in creating, analysing, and evaluating solutions to complex domain problems and articulating your design decisions to stakeholders and other team members
- Solid experience of cloud storage and databases
- Strong knowledge of software development best practice - automated testing, continuous integration, SOLID principles, etc...
- Solid understanding of the Scrum framework
To be a successful Senior Software Engineer, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Microsoft development stack.
- Passion for web service design and development.
- Experience with C# Web API Development (ASP.NET / MVC).
- Experience with automated testing.
- Degree level qualification in a computing related subject.
- Experience designing and developing public APIs.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment.
In return, the Senior Software Engineer will receive a salary of up to £60,000 per annum.
The job title of ‘senior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.