STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Senior Technical Assistant
Job DescriptionDue to this company’s continued success, it is now seeking an experienced and qualified
Laboratory Calibration and Test Technician to take up the position of Senior Technical Assistant to work in its offices in Bracknell.
The focus of the role will be to develop, test, calibrate, operate, and repair electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, electrohydraulic, or electronic measuring and recording instruments, apparatus, and equipment in use within the instrument solutions laboratory. Assisting the Quality Manager in ensuring continued conformity with quality procedures.
As a Senior Technical Assistant your main duties will be to:
• Operate in compliance with corporate policies. Where these require modification or extension, work with others to generate new versions that maintain consistency across the business areas.
• Help in the continued conformity with the requirements contained in ISO 9001 (BSI) and ISO 17025 (UKAS) through procedures defined within the Quality Manual. These are to include the maintenance of the quality system through its organisation, record keeping, analysis and its continued development.
• Follow a period of training to become an approved signatory for the issue of calibration / test certificates and other quality documents.
• Undertake promotional activities both on and off site whenever the need arises. This includes face to- face meetings, attendance at exhibitions and participation within training events.
• Deal with, analysis of and maintenance, in conjunction with the Quality Manager, of customer complaints and corrective actions to ensure their satisfactory outcome and to stop their reoccurrence.
• Review and process customer calibration contracts from receipt through to delivery using bespoke software systems, along with the processing of all subsequent documentation including credits and any complaints on goods or services provided by the business.
• Process goods sent for repair or calibration with third party laboratories.
• Provide support to the hire and sales teams during any periods of staff absence.
• Manage personal development through Company training courses.
To be a successful Senior Technical Assistant you will have the following skills and experience:
• Quality systems experience to ISO 9001 and ISO 17025.
• Ability to work to tight schedules unsupervised.
• PC literate with a working knowledge of proprietary Microsoft software packages – Excel and Word.
• Methodical with a practical ability and approach to construction activities.
• Confident telephone manner with good presentation, organisational and customer skills
• Enthusiasm and willingness to play an active part in a small team in both an office and laboratory environment.
The Senior Technical Assistant will be working 37 hours per week, 8.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30 am to 4.30 pm on Friday with a one-hour break for lunch.
In return the Senior Technical Assistant will receive a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus many benefits such as pension scheme and 26 days holiday per year (pro rata), childcare vouchers, etc.
The job title of ‘Senior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.