STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Senior Web Engineer
Job DescriptionA highly successful global organisation in the online gaming space is seeking a Web Engineer based in London to join its expanding team. You will be working with highly skilled and talented individuals, be highly valued as an employee and will receive many benefits such as a bonus, options, life and health insurance to name but a few of the many benefits.
As the Senior Web Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering the development strategy through having ownership of the systems architecture and development, following the departments methodology and you will be expected to drive outstanding results across all engines.
As the Senior Web Engineer your duties will include:
• Working in an agile environment cooperating with Product Managers and business stakeholders to design, develop and build products that would remove some of the legacy dependency
• Establishment and maintenance of technology resources to support all operational functions
• Anticipating requirements and build software in a flexible, scalable way
• Actively participating in ‘end-of-project’ meetings, to constructively follow up on and continuously improve the teams’ work
• Working closely with DevOps to establish an independent continuous integration and deployment approach for these new services
• Create visually rich and high performant websites
• Assisting in the design and build of products to meet the business expectations
• Work side by side with designer, UX professionals and testers to optimise user journeys
• Apply best engineering practices with other team members, and maintain code quality across applications
• Promote usability of best practices, encouraging a continuous improvement culture
• Write technically sound, clean, maintainable code – with practical application of established patterns and practices
• Write software following OOP best practices
• Write software following the Design Patterns that best fit for a problem given
• Write software following the SOLID principles
• Write Unit tests following TDD
• Write Integration tests following BDD
• Ensuring the compliance of responsible gaming protocols
To be the successful Senior Web Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
• Awareness of accessibility issues and how to address them in UI development
• Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment using design patterns, SOLID and OO principles
• Technical analysis experience translating business requirements into functionality
• Proven experience in building, automating and deploying software to production
• Experience of building websites using best practice techniques such as mobile-first, responsive design, progressive enhancement
• Experience of graphic rendering using the HTML5 Canvas API
• Knowledge of HTML 5, CSS3, Canvas, SVG and web standards
• Experience applying SOLID design principles
• Experience applying design patterns
• Proven and extensive MVC framework experience using Javascrip MVC libraries (Angular 1 or Angular 2 or ReactJS preferred)
• Excellent background of Agile methodologies (Scrum, eXtreme Programing, Kanban, Lean)
• Excellent background of Agile practices (TDD, BDD, Coding Standards, Peer Review, Collective Ownership, Whole Team, Frequent Release, Continuous Integration)
• Strong knowledge regarding Object Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Experience of build tools such as Gulp, Grunt and Webpack
• Understanding of REST APIs
• Experience with Test frameworks and tools (Karma, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Protractor, Gherkin, Selenium etc)
• Degree or equivalent qualification desirable (ideally in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a similar discipline);
• Valid working visa.
Weekday core hours 9:30am to 5:30pm Monday - Friday, however flexibility is essential.
In return, the Senior Web Engineer will receive a salary of £50,000 - £60,000 per annum plus options, bonus and benefits.
The job title of ‘Senior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.