STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Software Engineer Senior
Job DescriptionA highly successful global organisation in the online gaming space is seeking a Senior Software Engineer based in London to join its expanding team. You will be working with extremely skilled and talented individuals, be valued as an employee and will receive many benefits such as a bonus, options, life and health insurance to name but a few.
The Senior Software Engineer will be required to deliver the Development strategy through having ownership of the systems architecture and development, following the departments methodology and drive outstanding results across all engines, following company and department objectives and priorities.
As the right hand person supporting the technical lead, the Senior Software Engineer will be required to have strong Java OOP and OOD as well as exposure to Spring ( Spring boot ideally). Solid expertise in Design Patterns, BDD, TDD SOLID and DRY are also of high importance in this role.
As the Senior Software Engineer your duties will include:
• Working in an agile environment cooperating with Product Managers and business stakeholders to design, develop and build products that would remove some of the legacy dependency
• Anticipating requirements, and build software in a flexible, scalable way
• Communicating issues, risks and dependencies with line managers, escalating where appropriate
• Writing software following OOP best practices, the Design Patterns that best fits for a problem given, following the SOLID and following the DRY principle
• Writing Unit tests following TDD
• Writing Integration tests following BDD
• Taking responsibility for your own tasks from conception to completion
• Applying best engineering practices with other team members, and maintain code quality across applications
• Ensuring the compliance of responsible gaming protocols
To be a successful Senior Software Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
• Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment using design patterns, SOLID and OO principles
• Proven experience of building, automating and deploying software to production
• Ability to find creative solutions and implement them in a fast pace work environment
• Technical analysis experience translating business requirements into functionality
• Experience in web development
• Strong core java experience (Java 8 preferred)
• Strong experience using Spring / Spring boot / Spring cloud framework
• Experience with MS SQL database development (queries, stored procedures, jobs, admin)
• Experience applying SOLID design principles
• Experience building web services and APIs on REST
• Excellent background on Agile methodologies (Scrum, eXtreme Programing, Kanban, Lean)
• Excellent background of Agile practices (TDD, BDD, Coding Standards, Peer Review, Collective Ownership, Whole Team, Frequent Release, Continuous Integration)
• Strong knowledge regarding Object Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Experience implementing scalable software systems and platforms.
• Passionate about quality code
• Exceptional problem solving skills
• Previous experience working in the betting, financial and/or banking sector (advantageous)
• Degree or equivalent qualification desirable (ideally in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a similar discipline)
Weekday core hours 9:30am to 5:30pm Monday - Friday, however, flexibility is essential.
In return, the Senior Software Engineer will receive a salary of £50,000 - £60,000 per annum, share options and benefits.
The job title of ‘junior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.