STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Job DescriptionThe Largest water and waste-water services company in the UK are looking for a Sourcing Manager to join their team in Swindon. The company provide an essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London. On a typical day, they supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and their 350-sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2 billion litres of waste water.
The successful candidate will develop innovative and compelling solutions for sourcing projects, to deliver best value for the business. You will lead multi-disciplinary teams through the procurement process in order to implement recommendations that deliver robust and sustainable solutions. Part of this role is to proactively engage with both internal and external stakeholders and challenge the status quo whilst offering value driven alternatives that deliver positive outcomes.
Working in a fun & welcoming team, this role provides unique exposure to a suite of large & strategic projects across a wide pool as opposed to singular categories. You will have the opportunity build rapport with senior management and take ownership of your projects, seeing it through from beginning to end within a define set of smooth processes.
As Sourcing Manager you will be responsible for: -
• Leading strategy development for specific projects ensuring that they are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, best value and fulfilling customers' expectations;
• Creating compelling and innovative strategies which challenge current ways of working whilst delivering the best value to the business;
• Leading a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement and following methodology;
• Demonstrating that the following are effectively considered and managed through each initiative: sustainability, innovation, risk management, collaboration, health and safety and well-being.
• Implement stakeholder engagement plans at an individual level and participate in team level stakeholder engagement plans in a complex stakeholder environment;
• Creating compelling, well-structured documents and presentations and delivering these to all levels of the business (both internally and externally).
To be a successful Sourcing Manager you will have the following skills and experience: -
• Qualified member of CIPS;
• Experience of taking the lead in a strategic / project environment;
• Experience of managing complex multi-site environment and overcoming barriers;
• Strong commercial acumen with an influential and engaging approach to stakeholder management;
• Resilient, tenacious with a hunger for best value;
• Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
In return the Sourcing Manager will receive a salary of up to £50k depending on skills and experience plus an excellent benefits package including competitive contributory pension and a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, child care vouchers, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus many more.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.