STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Student Support Officer
£18,500 Per Annum
12th March 2018
Job DescriptionLOCATION: Liverpool, Merseyside (covering Birkenhead/Liverpool/Warrington Centres)
JOB TITLE: Student Support Officer
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary £18,963.26 per annum.
WORKING HOURS: Full time- Monday to Friday
THE COMPANY: Our client is a registered charity and voluntary sector training provider and a 'not for profit' organisation that has supported the training of young people and adults, and are currently looking for a English & Mathematics Tutor to work at CKW Academy based in Corby
THE ROLE:- Student Support Officer- Liverpool, Merseyside (covering Birkenhead/Liverpool/Warrington Centres)
My client is currently looking to recruit a Student Support Officer to work with students aged 16-19. You will provide effective information, advice and guidance to young people, both individually and in groups. A big part of the role is to source quality work placements and work experience opportunities for them.
Key Responsibilities to include:- Student Support Officer- Liverpool, Merseyside (covering Birkenhead/Liverpool/Warrington Centres)
- Advise, guide, inform, mentor, coach and support individuals throughout their programme
- Undertake group or individual tutorials with learners ensuring their individual needs are met
- Source quality work placements and work experience opportunities
- Monitor attendance and progress of learners on the programme liaising with other personnel where applicable
- Assist individuals to understand and overcome social, educational and emotional barriers
- Prepare and support individuals to undertake work experience or work placement
- Undertake ad hoc duties as may be required by senior or line managers commensurate with the grade of the position held
Candidate- Student Support Officer- Student Support Officer- Liverpool, Merseyside (covering Birkenhead/Liverpool/Warrington Centres)
You will have a natural flair for working with young people with significant barriers and have a flair for relationship building, plus strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must as you will handle confidential information integrity and confidentiality. We are seeking a quick thinker with outstanding administrative and attention to detail skills.
Key experience essential for the role: Student Support Officer- Student Support Officer- Liverpool, Merseyside (covering Birkenhead/Liverpool/Warrington Centres)
- Previous experience in a similar role working with young people aged 16 – 19 is essential
- Hold or willing to work towards IAG Level 3 or 4 qualification
- A relevant degree and IOSH or NEBOSH would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of mentoring, coaching, arrange work tasters and advising young people would be desirable
- Computer literate
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
All applications are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CLOSING DATE 9th April 2018
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.