STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Supply Chain/Operations Manager - Waste Management
No Risk Recruitment
Admin, Secretarial & PA
22nd December 2017
Job DescriptionJob title: Supply Chain/Operations Manager
Based: Cardiff, South Wales
Salary: Competitive salary depending on skills and experience, annual bonus, pension
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established and rapidly growing waste management company.
Forward Waste Management is a recognised and rapidly expanding independent environmental services company, based at Cardiff. The company specialises in providing innovative waste reduction and recycling services for industrial and commercial waste producers, which involve the core principle of on-site waste segregation, often through the provision of waste compactors, balers and waste handling systems that are individually selected to enable waste reduction and improved efficiency. Over the last eleven years, we have developed a broad customer account base of high profile manufacturers and affiliated organisations, our services covering all aspects of waste and resource management, industrial services and associated environmental control products.
We are looking for an experienced Operations/Supply Chain Manager, to be responsible for the efficient and effective running of the Operations administration department and Supply Chain. You would need to be experienced in managing, motivating and developing staff in compliance with company protocols, legislation and agreed processes with strong negotiating skills who can continue and always look to improve the delivery of high standards of service and efficiency Forward Waste are renowned for.
Developing and maintaining interdependent relationships with existing customers and service/product suppliers to ensure best value within dry waste, recyclables, hazardous waste, industrial services.
- Fully understand and interact with company vision and 3 year sales strategy, appreciating current supply chain relationships and identifying “gaps” across entire supply chain spectrum.
- Efficiently managing anticipated contract pricing per month from 5 x external sales staff – Also handle supply chain requirements from Account Managers.
- Research specific project waste streams, including UK, European and worldwide recycling and disposal options. This will include difficult and hazardous waste streams.
- Networking with existing and potential supply chain partners to open opportunity for cross selling of FWM/Enviroquip services and products by interacting with appropriate sales team colleagues.
- Conduct support to sales activity proactively to best commercial effect.
- Managing, coaching and development of the Operations administration team
- Commodity trading for all materials processed through transfer station.
- Manage and develop all existing supply chain partnerships conducting site audits.
- Seek out and assess potential new and alternative service partnerships across whole spectrum of group supply chain in particular waste disposal/recycling and hazardous waste. Considering alternative options such as potential closed loop solutions.
- Ensure FWM quality management objectives are adhered to throughout supply chain and deliver quality improvement opportunities back to management team.
- Communicate intelligence from supply chain to FWM management team, supported by market trends and horizon view, including reports to Board.
- Deliver individual project reports and feasibility studies for potential business development opportunities.
- Provide trend analysis for supply chain activity in conjunction with MI analyst.
- Identify and plan annual and quarterly cost reduction opportunities.
- Working to agreed KPI’s
- Experienced supply chain management is essential and within a waste company would be a distinct advantage.
- Commercially minded with the ability to negotiate successfully at all levels
- A resilient leader able to engage and motivate a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with demonstrable customer services experience.
- Able to work in a fast moving environment
- Research experience in order to find alternative sites for disposal when required
- Strong time management
- Financially aware
- Strong administration experience complying to ISO 9001/14001 standards
- Ensuring deadlines are kept and key projects are produced within a timely manner Paperwork/Duty of Care are completed correctly and stored in the relevant folders/files.
- IT skills – Microsoft office suite, waste management packages
- Strong negotiating skills
- Educated to degree level
Use No Risk Recruitment for all your recruitment needs and save 1000's on fees! Recruit top candidates using our fixed fee service for £175 visit [You must Apply on line ] and take a look at our promotional video [You must Apply on line]