STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Support Worker (Support Living, Disability Care)
Health & Medicine
£7 Per Hour
3rd May 2018
Job DescriptionLOCATION: Blackburn, Lancashire
JOB TITLE: Support/ Care Worker (Supportive living)
SALARY & BENEFITS: £7.95 hourly rate with excellent career progression opportunities-Sleep in payments extra
*BENEFITS: 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
• Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
• Occupational Health support
• Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
• Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
• Full induction process and dedicated manager to support you
WORKING HOURS: 30 hours a week & Bank roles available (can be 1 role 30 hours, or 2 part time roles 15 hours, or Bank role)
THE COMPANY: We are pleased to be working with one of the largest charities nationally who are dedicated to providing high-quality, personalised support to adults with learning disabilities. For the last 25 years their reputation has been built upon their values, passion and commitment to enable people with Learning Disabilities to live active and fulfilling lives.
THE ROLE: Support/Care Worker- Blackburn, Lancashire
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Support Workers to really make a difference to individual’s lives. (The role is looking after a gentleman with mental health issues within his home in Rishton, Lancashire near Blackburn. Sleep-ins will be necessary on occasions)
Key Responsibilities – Support/ Care Worker, Blackburn, Lancashire
- Social and emotional support, either at home and/or in my local community
- Support with their shopping, assist with budgeting,
- Building/maintaining relationship with friends and family
- Household tasks including cooking, cleaning and laundry
- Going out for walks, drives, swimming and other activities that people supported may want to experience.
THE CANDIDATE: Support/ Care Worker, Blackburn, Lancashire
We know this is a challenging role, so we are hoping to find resilient people who can see this as more than job – this is a chance to make a real difference, that will not only enrich someone else's life but also yours.
We are looking for great people to join the Support Worker team who are seeking a satisfying opportunity within the Health & Social Care sector. You don't need any experience as we employ people based on their values and commitment.
- Full induction process and dedicated manager to support you
- Outstanding training and development opportunities as a Support Worker
- Opportunity to gain recognised qualifications
- Career progression
Key experience for the role:- Support/ Care Worker, Blackburn, Lancashire
- Previous experience in a care role ( Support Worker, Care Assistant, etc.) Essential
- Empathy, caring and sensitivity to the needs of others
- Experience of dealing with learning disabilities or challenging behaviour highly desirable
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and do sleep in’s when required on rota basis
- Driving licence – Essential
Previous experience working as Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker are all desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.