STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Admin, Secretarial & PA
£33,000 Per Annum
29th March 2018
Job DescriptionA boutique Asset Manager based in Edinburgh is seeking a System Administrator to join its expanding team. The purpose of this Administrator role is to provide first and second line support of the IT infrastructure to all internal staff, and to other third-party suppliers and clients where applicable.
As the System Administrator, your duties will be to:
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software, ensuring infrastructure standards are maintained.
- Liaising, assisting and providing support to third-party suppliers.
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Managing IT access for new starters and leavers of the company.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, permissions, resetting passwords, etc.
- Assisting with applying operating updates and patches.
- Maintaining and updating the Infrastructure team’s documentation library.
- Troubleshooting and fault reporting of major outages and issues.
- Assisting with ensuring that IT security policy and procedures are enforced, and staff are aware of their roles in contributing to this.
To be a successful System Administrator you will have the following skills and experience:
- An understanding of IT infrastructure technologies. Including DNS, DHCP, basic networking, TCP/IP.
- A working knowledge of Windows Server, Exchange administration, Active Directory, and Virtualisation products (Hyper-V and/or virtual server).
- Excellent PC support skills including a broad knowledge of Windows 7/10, Office 2007+ and experience of supporting 3rd party desktop applications.
- Knowledge of industry recognised IT and support practices.
- Experience of installing and troubleshooting desktop hardware.
- Comprehensive functional knowledge of Business Operations and processes and related Technology.
- Proven track record of delivering to commitments.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
In return, the Administrator will receive a salary of up to £33000 per annum, bonus and many benefits.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.