STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Technical / Software Architect
IT & Telecoms
£50,000 to £90,000 Per Annum
16th May 2018
Job DescriptionOne of the UK's leading consultancies and a leader in digital transformation is seeking a Technical / Software Architect to join its expanding team. You will join its large-scale programmes within the government and private sector, utilising the latest open source technologies in the market. This role is to be based out of its Birmingham Hub and servicing clients within a 100m radius to include the Midlands and North-West. It will also allow 1-2 days working from home (client and project permitting).
To be a successful Technical / Software Architect you will have the following skills and experience:
- A proven track record as the lead Technical Architect/Software Architect with open source technologies on at least one project.
- Senior level stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to communicate complex solutions to non-technical persons.
- Solid experience of working with a recognised Agile or Iterative development methodology (eg Scrum, XP, DSDM, RUP).
- Proven experience in TDD.
- MUST have a proven background of experience in hands on development with some of the following languages/tools: Java, Scala, PHP, Groovy JSON, Microservices, Play Framework.
- Should have extensive experience working with public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) and NoSql databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, etc.
- Knowledge of any of these areas: Docker, Puppet, Jenkins, Vagrant, in particular, experience driving the adoption of continuous integration would be a significant benefit.
Working for a consultancy as a Technical Architect you will have access to some of the most high-profile and unique projects happening in the world today.
Candidates that are Security Clearable or Security Cleared (ie DV Cleared or SC Cleared) will be given the highest priority for these opportunities.
If you want to work for a company that has an 84% approval rating on Glassdoor and voted 37th best in the UK to work for, an award winning training academy that you’ll actually get to use, and more importantly can offer you interesting and rewarding work please apply.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.