STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Job DescriptionTOOLROOM ENGINEER (LATHES AND MILLING MACHINES) - £30000 + OVERTIME – BASED KINGS LANGLEY, NEAR WATFORD
The Company is a long-established, high quality manufacturer of tripods and fluid heads for television and film cameras and has built a world-wide reputation over the last 40 years for some old-fashioned (and increasingly rare) engineering and manufacturing qualities, such as extremely high product quality, longevity and robustness. Their products are recognised as the highest quality platforms available for both studio and location shooting.
Great pride is taken in the quality of manufacturing: no subcontract work is done, and products are not made for anyone else. Many products are still in daily use in studios worldwide after 40 years. Fast growth means there is a new opportunity for a very experienced and hardworking Toolroom specialist to join the team, who can increase output without compromising excellent manufacturing standards.
Based at Kings Langley, near Watford, the hours of work are 07.30am – 4.00pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am - 3.00pm on a Friday plus occasional overtime.
As Toolroom Engineer, you will be required to:
- Assemble equipment to a very high standard.
- Use a range of tool room machines including manual lathes & milling machines.
- Understand & translate drawings.
To be successful you will require:
- A strong understanding of mechanical engineering principals and have hands on experience of a similar role.
- Experience of mechanical fault-finding down to component level.
- Be a hands-on individual with a passion for quality manufacturing.
- A high level of attention to detail and a passion for getting it right.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Be persistent, determined, trustworthy and able to work using your own initiative
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.