Search for jobs in your town
Vehicle Mechanic / Technician
Protyre have a vacancy for a fully qualified Vehicle Mechanic / Technician for an immediate start in a busy fast fit centre in Exeter.
Protyre is the retail arm of Micheldever Tyre Services who employ over 1,500 staff and is the brand for a national chain of mechanical and fast fit centres. With 104 centres nationwide, Protyre is one of the UK's largest independant chain of fast fit and mechanical centres with plans to increase the network by a further 20% in 2017.
The Role of Vehicle Mechanic / Technician
Based in Exeter and reporting to the Protyre Centre Manager you will be required to provide efficient and effective customer service, maintain the highest quality of workmanship, in relation to general servicing and repairs, ensuring that the work is carried out in line with Company and Ministry procedures.
As a Vehicle Mechanic / Technician you will:
• Be responsible carrying out repairs on a wide range of vehicles.
• Hold an NVQ level 3 in a related subject or equivalent.
• Have tyre fitting capabilities.
• Complete various mechanical and servicing work.
Your responsibilities as Vehicle Mechanic / Technician will include:
• Performing repairs when required providing quality workmanship at all times, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
• To maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures
• Remove and refit components and carry out related adjustments in accordance with technical standards
• Follow all Company Health and Safety Procedures
• Mechanical service and repairs on all vehicles
Skills and experience required:
• Clean Driving Licence
• Able to produce high quality work within specified time frames
• Able to work independently or as part of a busy team in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Employee discounts on servicing, MOT and tyres.
• Apprenticeship and trainee schemes supporting career development.
• Competitive basic rates of pay.
• Excellent bonus opportunity.
• 24 days annual leave rising with continuous service.
• Excellent working environment.
Hours: Average 45 per week.
Salary: Good salary with bonus, staff discounts, pension
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultancy for Protyre. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Motor, automotive, maintenance, repair, mechanic, fast fit, fitter, technician, car, vehicle, tyre,