STRIKE JOBS NEW DIRECT STRIKEJOBS INDEED
Volunteer and Community Engagement Manager
Charity & Voluntary
£33,000 Per Annum
16th May 2018
Clare Castle Country Park is a beautiful quiet area to relax, play, get close to nature and learn about Clare’s fascinating history and heritage.
The Park contains the remains of the 13th Century stone castle keep set upon its 12th century 60ft high motte overlooking the town, as well as its inner and outer baileys which are ideal areas for recreation and picnics. The inner bailey also contains the former railway station which now houses the Platform One Cafe serving hot drinks and food throughout the year.
Away from the open green areas, visitors can find the footpaths through the trees and along the banks of the River Stour and along the old railway line. Here can be viewed the variety of trees and plant life, and information boards show the various birds and water life which can be seen along the waters’ edge.
Annual visitor numbers are around 100,000
The Trustees of Clare Castle Country Park are looking to employ a Volunteer and Community Engagement Manager.
This post will be responsible for ensuring that the outcomes of the Heritage Lottery Fund’s (HLF) Activity Plan are delivered on time and on budget.
The Activity Plan includes interpretive activities and will create opportunities for:
Heritage. Family, heritage, nature and sensory trails; geocaching and field tripper activities with the use of a new app; community research and an oral history project; citizen science; community archaeology.
People. Adult and children volunteering opportunities; upskilling staff & volunteers; arts and crafts workshops; rural craft and study days; history & wildlife talks.
Education (using the Clare Park Centre as a base).
- Primary schools: local history, plants, animals, art, drama & music.
- Secondary schools: medieval, transport & railway history, ASDAN students, learning resources.
- Adults: skills classes run by West Suffolk College.
Volunteer and Community Engagement Manager
Job Title: Volunteer and Community Engagement Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week, to include regular evening and weekend working for 2 years 6 months
Salary: £33,000 (excluding on costs)
Responsible to: Project Manager for 18 months and then the Park Manager. The role includes working alongside the Project Administrator
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 12th June 2018
Main purpose of role:
This post will be responsible for ensuring that the outcomes of the Heritage Lottery Fund’s (HLF) Activity Plan are delivered on time and on budget. The primary role will be to recruit, manage and support volunteers and community groups to deliver an engaging and vibrant programme in Clare Castle Country Park. In addition, this post will be responsible for managing relationships with community groups and organisations in and around Clare and supporting them in delivering a vibrant programme of events. This post will manage the park administrator.
Note: the Park currently has some 70 volunteers who work on the green spaces and provide some other functions. Part of the new role will be to merge the existing volunteer arrangements with those created for new volunteers.
The Volunteer and Community Engagment Manager will:
- Recruit diverse volunteers to Clare Castle Country Park from Clare, the surrounding villages and Haverhill.
- Develop and manage the infrastructure for effective volunteering in the Park and to create a pool of community volunteers to be called upon to help across the town.
- Manage the DBS checking of volunteers as needed.
- Manage regular celebration events for volunteers.
- Ensure that the Park’s activities programme is maintained by volunteers and health and safety legislation is adhered to.
- Develop and manage relationships with community organisations and schools in Clare and surrounding villages and towns.
- Support the delivery of the community archaeology programme, including advertising opportunities to local communities.
- Support the delivery of small-scale family and adult events
- Manage the event diary for Clare Castle Country Park to ensure there are varied events available for different audiences.
- Support the delivery of large scale events in the Park by local community organisations.
- Work with Clare Community Primary School and Stour Valley Community School to support the delivery of specific projects outlined in the HLF Activity Plan.
- Manage the Education Consultant to develop and deliver education resources, family trails and bug hunting kits.
- Manage the use, storing, and hire of equipment in the Clare Park Centre.
- Organise the delivery of the Training Plan to ensure that the training for volunteers is appropriate to their needs.
- Assist with the marketing of events and opportunities in Clare Castle Country Park through the development of marketing material and through social media.
- Manage the HLF Activity Plan budget
- Evaluate all programmes and events and write final Evaluation Report for HLF.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role and undertake all training, duties and interactions with staff, volunteers, partner providers and customers fairly, without unlawful discrimination and with due regard to the Trust’s policies, procedures and guidelines on safeguarding & child protection, customer care, health and safety, equality and diversity.
The start date for this new position is provisionally scheduled to start between 1st August and 31st October, depending on the applications received.
Completed application forms must be returned by 5.00pm on Tuesday 12th June 2018
Click the apply now button where you can email to request for an application pack and attach your CV.
A copy of the HLF Activity Plan can be issued upon request.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place w/c 25th June 2018
This post is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.